Tidsskriftet Northern Lights ønsker bidrag til et temanummer som redigeres av Eli Skogerbø (UiO) og Göran Bolin (Södertörn):
Northern Lights invites theoretical and empirical articles on the theme ”Age, generations and the media”. We especially encourage cross-age/generation analysis and focusing on the older age groups as mediated representations, target groups, media users, interpreting subjects, etc. Research themes and questions may include (but are not restricted to):
• Comparative cross-generational studies of media use
• Techno-generational divides
• Age and/or generation-specific contents
• Age and generations as target groups
• Generational segmentation in production • Generational experience in reception
• Niche markets for the older age groups
• Representations of age and generation in news, fiction and entertainment
• Media generations as theoretical and empirical categories
• Interrelations of age/generation and media content
• Historical analysis of media in generational perspectives (e.g. how certain media have been defining for some generations). Representations of age in the media (advertising, news, entertainment, life-style magazines)
• The role of age and generations for the interpretation and reception of media content.
Frist for abstracts 15.4.2012.
Les mer her: Cfp Northern Lights.